Monday, April 11, 2011

Prom - Reaching the End of a Journey

First off; Congratulations to Paulette Rothbauer! (my LIS 9364 professor).
She was the winner for the Fantastic FIMS Award on Saturday night!

I went to our MLIS prom on Saturday April 9th 2011. I had a blast! I prepared for weeks! Getting the dress, getting the dress altered, buying shoes, buying hair accessories, and buying make up. I practiced my make up and put my hair in curlers a few nights before so I wouldnt drive myself crazy on the day of. I had a great time dressing up, feeling pretty, and feeling like a teen again. I remembered my prom in high school and how I did all the same type of things. I am however, always proud with how I can usually pull off an outfit for less then $100. I did this time as well. I bought my dress on sale from a bridal store that was closing, so it only cost me $60. I got my friend to alter it, which was then free. I bought my shoes, make up and hair accessories all on sale. All of this came up to about $40. My boyfriend Ben looked so handsome and he was quite excited for the prom as well since he never went to his.






I can just imagine how some teens must be looking so forward to their prom coming up in either May or June. I know I was for my MLIS prom and i'm twenty five years old! Below are two young adult books based on a prom theme. Aimee Ferris' book Will Work for Prom Dress is about how two teen girls have to work part time jobs in order to make enough money to buy their prom dresses. If you are a teen who is not into the whole prom event, Abby McDonald's The Anti-prom may just interest you.

         
 

No comments:

Post a Comment